MACON,GA(KBTV)-The Bibb County School District will celebrate 2022 spring commencement ceremonies at the Macon Coliseum, and via live stream.
Six graduations will be held at the Macon Coliseum. The high school graduations include:
Southwest High School – Wednesday, May 25, 4:00 p.m.
Howard High School – Wednesday, May 25, 7:00 p.m.
Westside High School – Thursday, May 26, 4:00 p.m.
Northeast High School – Thursday, May 26, 7:00 p.m.
Rutland High School – Friday, May 27, 4:00 p.m.
Central High School – Friday, May 27, 7:00 p.m.
All graduates will have 8 tickets to pass out to friends and family. The live stream can be found at www.bcsdk12.net.Bibb County School District employees do not need a ticket to attend, however, they will need to show an ID for entry.
Additional rules for the graduation are as follows:
- All guests age one (1) and older are required to have a ticket to enter the parking lot and venue. Tickets will be checked at the parking booth and will be validated at the venue entrance. There will be no admittance to a graduation ceremony without a ticket. Bibb County School District employees must show a valid Bibb County School District Employee ID Badge for entry.
- Doors will open 60 minutes prior to the start of each ceremony.
- Security protocols for entry will include metal detectors, handheld wanding and bag searches. No weapons are allowed. Guests should plan to arrive early in order to allow time for these safety measures.
- Only clear bags will be allowed into the Macon Coliseum. (See below.)
- Appropriate academic and dress attire are required for student participation in the graduation ceremony.
- Students are expected to act in a mature manner during the rehearsal and graduation ceremony. Students’ behavior that distracts from the dignity of the rehearsal or the graduation ceremony may result in expulsion from the ceremony.
- Families and other guests must dress in a manner appropriate to a ceremonial occasion. T-shirts, shorts or other informal attire are not allowed. Proper footwear must be worn.
- Loud or lengthy expressions of exuberance for one graduate distracts from the attention the next graduate deserves. Noisemakers (i.e., horns, whistles, etc.), beach balls, balloon bouquets, or other items that may disrupt the ceremony should not be brought into the Coliseum. Violators and others who display disruptive behavior may be escorted from the premises by Bibb County Campus Police Officers and/or other authorized personnel.
Photos from each ceremony may be purchased through Creative Pro Studio at (478) 957-6606 or online at http://store.creativeprophoto.com. Graduation videos will be posted to www.youtube.com/bibbschools.