(KBTV) -February is American Heart Month.
Medical professionals say it is important to prioritize your health by eating healthy and seeing a doctor regularly. KBTV’s Dr. Karlisha Booze talked with Dr. Crystal Brown with Atrium Health Navicent Peach, about things people can do to maintain a healthy heart as well as things Atrium Health Navicent is doing during the month of February to promote a healthy heart.
- Feb. 3 and 17, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Atrium Health Navicent Wellness Center, 3797 Northside Drive, Macon. Cost: $50, but free for veterans. Call 800-627-2393 to make an appointment.
- Feb. 23, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Atrium Health Navicent Baldwin, 821 N. Cobb St., Milledgeville. Cost: $50, but free for veterans. Call 800-627-2393 to make an appointment.
CPR and First-Aid Training:
- Feb. 4 and 19, 2 p.m., Atrium Health Navicent Wellness Center, 2797 Northside Drive, Macon. Registration is required. Please call 478-227-3955 for details and pricing. Instructor: LaTanya Clark, Hands to Heart Training Services, LLC.
Go Red for Women’s Heart Health:
- Feb. 14, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., City of Byron Conference Center, 401 Main St., Byron. This free will feature cardiologist Dr. Erskine James as the guest speaker. Please RSVP by Feb. 6 by calling 478-654-2002. Space is limited.
Heart Healthy Cooking Class:
- Feb. 24, 12 p.m., Atrium Health Navicent Wellness Center, 3797 Northside Drive, Macon. Cost: Free. Please
RSVP by Feb. 17 by calling 478-633-7157. Space is limited.
To find a doctor, visit http://www.NavicentHealth.org and click “Find A Doctor.”
To watch the full interview, click here.