MACON, Georgia (KBTV)- If you’re wondering if you have the flu, a cold, or COVID-19, you can find out from the comfort of your home.
Medical Center, Navicent Health partnered with Atrium Health and are offering virtual visits to patients who are experiencing similar symptoms. Some of the winter illnesses have common symptoms but they are different in some ways:
· COVID-19 – Cough, shortness of breath, fever, possible diarrhea
· Flu – Aches, chills, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, fever, headache, runny nose, sore throat, stuffy nose, vomiting
· Cold – Cough, postnasal drip (mucus in dripping down the throat), runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, stuffy nose, watery eyes, possible fever
Typical Length of Time for Symptoms to Appear:
· COVID-19 – 2-14 days after exposure to the virus
· Flu – 1-4 days after exposure to the virus
· Cold – 1-3 days after exposure to the virus
Typical Length of Time Symptoms Last:
· COVID-19 – Undetermined
· Flu – 3-7 days
· Cold – 7-10 days
Patients can get treatment and diagnosis from board certified practitioners 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Patients can schedule their visit by logging on to www.navicenthealth.org and select Virtual Visit to speak with a provider. Virtual visits are for non-life threatening conditions. In case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.