HOUSTON COUNTY, Georgia (KBTV) – Parents can start registering their kids for Kindergarten in less than a month.
The Houston County School District will begin registration May 3, 2021, for the 2021-2022 school year. Registration will take place at the Central Registration office, located at 410 Bear Country Blvd. in Warner Robins. Central Registration is open during the week from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 to 5:00 p.m., except for Wednesday. Wednesday hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Students currently enrolled in the Houston County School District’s Pre-kindergarten program will automatically be registered for kindergarten if they will remain in the same school next year. Parents must complete a change of address and register for the new school if their pre-k students are moving. Pre-k students currently registered in a day care program or other Bright from the Start program will also need to register to attend kindergarten in the district.
Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1. Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child. To register a child, parents must schedule an appointment online, pre-register online, and bring the proper documents to the appointment at Central Registration.
Online appointments may be scheduled at http://www.hcbe.net. Click on the Parents tab and then Central Registration. Parents without computer access should arrive 20 minutes before their appointment to complete the online registration. Please note that cell phones and tablets cannot be used to complete the registration.
The following items are required to register a child:
· Parent/guardian photo ID
· Certified birth certificate
· Guardianship/custody orders if child does not live with natural parents
- Two Proofs of Residency:
- 1. Lease or mortgage and
- 2. One of the following:
- Utility bill (electric, water or cable bill)
- Property tax statement or Income tax statement (April)
- Automobile registration or insurance
- Mail from any government agency
· Social Security Card
· Ear, Eye and Dental Screening, Georgia Form 3300 (available from a doctor or the Health Department)
· Immunization Certificate, Georgia Form 3231 (available from a doctor or the Health Department)