MACON, Georgia (KBTV)- The Bibb County School District’s online application process for its magnet schools and programs for the 2022-2023 school year is now open. Applications are available at http://www.bcsdk12.net/magnet and will be open through December 7.
Ben Bridges, Director of Fine Arts & Magnet Programs said, “This is an exciting opportunity for families to choose specific themed learning choices for their students within the Bibb County School District.”
There are applications available for schools and programs at the elementary, middle and high school levels. Open houses will be held on the following days:
• Alexander II Math & Science Magnet School (K-5th Grade, Newly STEM Certified): Thursday, November 18, at Noon (Virtual)
• Burdell-Hunt Communications Magnet School (K-5th Grade): Thursday, December 2, at 10 a.m. (Virtual)
• Dr. John H. Heard Elementary School, Academic Magnet (K-5th Grade): Tuesday, November 16, at 10 a.m. (Virtual)
• Vineville Academy of the Arts (K-5th Grade): Thursday, November 18, at 10 a.m. (Virtual)
• Miller Fine Arts Magnet Middle School (6th-8th Grade): Tuesday, November 30, at 10 a.m. (Virtual)
• Central Fine Arts & International Baccalaureate Magnet High School (9th-12th Grade): Monday,
November 29 at 6 p.m. (Face-to-Face)
Parents/guardians will be notified regarding their child’s lottery and/or interview status by mail by January 22, 2022. In addition to the interview required at all grade levels in consideration of acceptance, auditions will be required for Fine Arts applicants at the middle and high school levels. There is also an essay requirement for the IB program at Central High School.
School bus transportation, as accessed through shuttle bus stops, will be available for students who apply and are accepted to attend Miller Fine Arts Magnet Middle School (grades 6-8), Burdell-Hunt Communications Magnet School (grades K-5) and Central Fine Arts & International Baccalaureate Magnet High School (grades 9-12).
For questions about applications or additional assistance with the online application process, parents/guardians may call the Department of Fine Arts & Magnet Programs at (478) 765-8595.