HOUSTON COUNTY, GA (KBTV) – The Houston County School District is accepting applications for enrollment in Houston Virtual for the 2022-2023 school year.
The application period opened on January 10 and will end on January 28. All current students will be automatically enrolled for in-person learning. Parents who wish for their students to be considered for virtual instruction are required to apply during this time. Students who are accepted will be enrolled in Houston Virtual for the entire school year.
To participate in Houston Virtual, students must:
- commit to virtual learning for the entire 2022-2023 school year;
- have reliable internet access at home;
- be available for instruction during regular school hours;
- log-in and participate in the class to be counted as present for the day;
- meet all academic and attendance requirements;
- take district and state-mandated standardized tests in-person; and
- be enrolled or eligible for enrollment in the Houston County School District.
Applications should be completed through the primary guardian’s Infinite Campus account before 4:00 p.m. on January 28. Parents without computer access may use a computer at their child’s school or visit the Central Registration office to complete the process. For more information about Houston Virtual and the application process, visit https://www.hcbe.net/2022-2023learningoptions.