HOUSTON COUNTY, Georgia (KBTV)-Are you looking for a change in your career? Get on board with Houston County’s upcoming job fair.
The Houston County School District will host a Bus Driver Job Fair on April 23, 2022, at David Perdue Primary School. Anyone interested in being employed as a school bus driver are invited to attend the job fair at 9:00 a.m. Doors will open at 8:30 a.m.
Attendees should apply online before the job fair and bring a valid driver’s license with them on April 23.No experience is required for the job. The fair will include a job overview and interviews.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available. Full-time work consists of five or more hours a day with 184 days in a school year. Full-time employees who drive a split shift with freedom in the middle of the day are eligible for benefits.
Bus drivers with the Houston County School District receive a competitive salary package. Highlights are listed below.
- Paid, on-site training is provided at the rate of $18.03 per hour for full-time hires and $16.00 per hour for part-time hires.
- School bus driving experience may be considered for higher wages for full-time employees.
- Military veterans may receive credit for up to three years of active duty service.
- Except for four training days, drivers have the same holidays as students.
- There is no required weekend work.
- Opportunities are available to earn extra pay, such as working during the summer or driving for school field trips or athletic events.
Flexible, part-time hours are available for anyone interested in working less than five hours a day, including driving a route on set days, such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or driving a route only in the morning or afternoon. Part-time drivers do not qualify for District benefits.
The Board of Education pays for all or part of the following benefits for full-time drivers:
· State Health medical;
· Long-term disability;
· Basic life insurance;
· Sick leave;
· Employee Assistance Program; and
· Gym membership.
Other optional benefits include short term disability, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care. In addition to the state Public School Employees Retirement Plan, the district offers a matching 403(b) plan.
For more information, visit the Get on Board web page. Here, applicants will find a video about working for the Transportation Department as well as a direct link to the bus driver application. For more help, call (478) 329-2218.