MACON, GA(KBTV)- The online application for the Bibb County School District’s magnet programs will open on November 8, 2022.
The programs range from fine arts and communications to math and science.
Each school will host an Open House for parents and students to learn more about these programs:
• Alexander II Math and Science Magnet (K-5th Grade), 1156 College Street: Monday, December 5,
at 5 p.m.
• Burdell-Hunt Communications Magnet (K-5th Grade), 972 Fort Hill Street: Wednesday,
November 30, at 5 p.m.
• Dr. John H. Heard Elementary, Academic Magnet (K-5th Grade), 6515 Houston Road: Thursday,
December 1, at 5 p.m.
• Vineville Academy of the Arts (K-5th Grade), 2260 Vineville Avenue: Tuesday, December 6,
at 5 p.m.
• Miller Fine Arts Magnet Middle School (6th-8th Grade), 751 Hendley Street: Tuesday,
November 29, at 6 p.m.
• Central High School, Fine Arts and International Baccalaureate (9th-12th Grade), 2155 Napier
Avenue: Monday, November 14, at 6 p.m.
Parents will know the students status in January of 2023. Students will then be interviewed or have to audition.Parents will know if their child was accepted by February 18, 2023.